Old School Hall
Old School Hall provides Academy classroom space and resource offices.
Built in 1851, Old School Hall was the second school building to be erected on Punahou's campus. Called the "new spacious schoolhouse" at its opening, this four-room building was renovated in 1989 and remains the oldest building on campus.
Coral rock was collected for use in the foundation and, beginning in 1848, blasting at Rocky Hill provided the source of the schoolhouse stone. The financial constraints of the Board of Missions required that the design and construction be very simple. William Harrison Rice was largely responsible for the building process and records indicate that many students participated in Old School Hall's construction under his direction.