Punahou School has formalized the trademark and copyright registration of the design and word marks of the school, including the following:
- Punahou ®
- Buff ’n Blue ™
- Oahu College ™
- Sons of Oahu ™
- Go Puns ™
Punahou does not license its trademarks. They may only be used for School purposes by a faculty or staff member. Parents involved in a project with potential trademark use, can work with the faculty/staff member according to the following requirements and procedures.
The basic design requirements for use of marks are:
- Design marks should not be deconstructed or distorted; nothing can be added or subtracted from the artwork; the artwork cannot be used as a watermark behind text or other graphics. Design marks should not be used in combination with each other or other artwork.
- Word marks may be used in a variety of fonts and colors, with the approval of the school, provided the words are easily legible and appropriately represent Punahou School.
The trademark approval includes review of:
- The design itself,
- The item that the design is to be used on,
- The placement of the design particularly in relation to other logos or manufacturer’s marks, and
- The vendor producing the merchandise.