For those who would like to view the Commencement ceremony live on the University of Hawai‘i campus, an alternate outdoor viewing site will be available at the Les Murakami Stadium. Tickets are not required. Les Murakami Stadium will open to attendees at 6:45 p.m. The Commencement program will be live streamed to the video screen in the stadium beginning at 7 p.m.
Lei giving will be held at Les Murakami Stadium following the Commencement ceremony. Guests may arrive early and view the Commencement ceremony from the seating areas in the stadium. Guests must wait in the seating areas until the graduates are in their places on the field. Graduates will be organized alphabetically by last name. Masks are requested for lei greeting. Throwing of confetti is strictly prohibited.
To preserve our athletic fields and surfaces the following are PROHIBITED:
- Amplified music devices (i.e. boom boxes, speakers, etc…)
- Items that are affixed to a pole or stick (i.e. flags, banners, signs, etc…)
- Large umbrellas
- Objects that can be used as projectiles
- Potentially damaging shoes (i.e., stiletto heels, metal cleats, etc.)
- Tents/free standing structures
Items not listed but that are determined by security personnel or venue management to be a risk to the safety or enjoyment of guests will not be allowed into the venue.
It is strongly advised to pre-purchase your parking pass if you plan to attend Commencement.
You may also find these links helpful:
Parking will also be available at upper campus (there will be a shuttle service from upper campus to lower campus) and also at the parking structure next to the loʻi (no shuttle service from this location).
Information for Punahou Commencement at the SimpliFi Arena at Stan Sheriff Center
COVID-19 Guidelines for Punahou Commencement (subject to change)
- COVID-19 vaccination or negative test is no longer required.
- LumiSight health check is no longer required.
- Masks must be worn at all times for the indoor ceremony. Masks worn indoors may be removed briefly for picture-taking.
Arena Gates Open
- Gate A opens one (1) hour prior to the event. All attendees regardless of age, must have a valid event ticket or credential to gain admission. Accessible (ADA) entrance will be on the right-hand side of Gate A.
Clear Bag Policy
- In order to improve public safety within the SimpliFi Arena at Stan Sheriff Center, attendees may bring one (1) clear bag no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” and are limited to one bag per person.
- All bags (except clear plastic bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”)
- Reusable bottles (i.e. Hydro Flask, Takeya, Yeti, Thermos, etc.)
- Noise makers
- Illegal drugs
- Pets (except service animals)
- Outside food/beverages
- Tripod / monopod extended to the floor
- Laser lights
- Seat backs
- Any equipment to cook food on campus (hot pot, hibachi, grill, etc.)
Special considerations will be made for guests with special medical needs and individuals caring for infants.
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa is a Tobacco-Free Campus
In accordance to Hawaiʻi state law (SB 134, Act 160, SLH 2018) the use of tobacco products are prohibited on the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa campus, and all 10 UH campuses and university- owned facilities. "Tobacco products" include, but are not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smoking tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vapes and chewing tobacco.