Aloha Class of 2011! Alumni Week is coming up soon! We’re looking forward to June, warmer weather, and the opportunity for us to be together again - though mostly virtual this year.
Your Class of 2011 Reunion Committee has been planning a reimagined Reunion experience and we’re so excited that this year’s virtual format allows more classmates than ever before to be able to join in the fun and make new memories.
Our Alumni Week is Sunday, June 6th - Sunday, June 13th, and registration opens on Tuesday, May 4. Even though most events will be virtual, we still want to know that you’re coming! Please mark these dates on your calendar and stay tuned for a complete schedule of both Class and School-hosted events. Below are our tentative Class of 2011 events we have planned:
- Sunday, June 6, 2 - 3:30 p.m. HST: Class of 2011 Alumni Week Kickoff + Social
- Friday, June 11, 6 – 7 p.m. HST: Trivia! A Walk Down Memory Lane with the Class of 2011
- Saturday, June 12, 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. HST: Cooking + Cocktails Punahou Style w/ Jenny & Max
- Sunday, June 13, 11 a.m. HST: The Class of 2011 Gives Back! Small Group Beach Clean-up
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to participate in our 2011 Reunion Class Gift. Here are our top three reasons to donate now:
- Pay forward the gift of a Punahou education. Every $10,000 we raise covers the cost of an average financial aid award. We’re also supporting the School’s pandemic response and helping current students have the best possible experience under these challenging circumstances.
- It’s an easy way to give back. Although we couldn’t get together for traditional volunteer activities like Carnival, donating to Punahou is a great way to make a difference. It takes just a few minutes to donate online, or even set up a small monthly gift!
- You may have an extra reason to give this year. You can deduct $300 in charitable donations from your federal taxes this year, even if you don’t itemize, thanks to federal pandemic relief legislation. (Joint filers can deduct $600.) Also, many companies match charitable gifts — Punahou makes it easy to check your company.
We’re well on our way to our ambitious goal of $40,000 and 25% participation by June 1st. Honor our special memories at Punahou with a gift $20.11 or pay it forward to future alumni with a gift of any amount!
Feel free to check back here often, and make sure you’re receiving our emails and postcards by updating your contact information
Your Class of 2011 Reunion Committee
Activity Chairs: Jen Hu, Chad Kamisugi, Brittney Wu
Gift Chairs: Ryan Catalani, Kendra Trifonovitch Sia
Reunion Committee: Marlon Booker, Karen Maurins Calabrese, Alex Chang, Jenny Ching, Sierra Chinn-Liu, Codi Funakoshi, Kawehi Goto, Cody Ishizuka, Alexander Keeno, Ku’upua Kiyuna, Molly McMahon, Leni Nakao-Yamada, Jillian Nishi, Patrick O’Neill, Jonathan Santiago, Nicole Tamura, Micah Yoshino