Tech Tip of the Month
What is it?
Dropbox is a free online backup and synchronization service with convenient client applications for Windows, Mac, Linux and iPhone. Go to dropbox.com to signup for a free account and to download the optional software that allows users to back-up and synchronize up to 2GB worth of important files and data (larger amounts available for a monthly fee) between devices and the Web.
How can it help?
The site allows users to seamlessly keep files up-to-date and accessible on multiple devices, by synchronizing the content of folders in which users keep their important files. One can also access and view these files via an iPhone or the Internet by logging into one’s account. Dropbox assures that important files are backed up online, and in-process files are up-to-date between multiple computers.
Submitted by Tedd Landgraf, Grades 7-8 Technology Resource Teacher
Making PunApps Work for You
Too often the same passwords are used for much longer than they should, and it's recommended to change them on a regular basis. This will ensure security of your data and Punahou systems.
To change your password, follow these simple steps:
- Log on to epunahou.punahou.edu with your current user ID and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper left corner
- Change your password
- Go to: punapps.punahou.edu and log in with your user ID and new password. This will synch your passwords between the systems.
- If you use an email client like Outlook or Mac Mail, please be sure to update your new password there too. See punappshelp.punahou.edu for more info.
- Then, put a reminder for the same time next year!