Elements of Movement introduces gymnastics-based movement skills to students, kindergarten – grade 5, in a safe, fun and non-competitive environment. Through individualized attention and groupings by age and experience, students are supported and challenged through physical progressions appropriate to their ability and growth.
|Program Dates for 2016 – 2017
||8/29/16 – 12/16/16
||1/9/17 – 5/5/17
The theme of fall semester is Circus Arts with object manipulation activities centered around the art of juggling and basic gymnastics skills leading into an introduction to basic circus acrobatics. In
each class, students rotate through stations that include basic tumbling, handstand preparations, juggling-based object manipulation, acrobatics, fun physical challenges and cooperative games.
In the spring semester, gymnastics equipment is introduced. Students continue to build and refine skills in basic tumbling and inversions, while rotating through stations that include balance
beam, bars, still rings and springboard.
The program focuses on children being able to:
- Perform simple sequences involving forward and backward rolling with a sense of confidence and safety.
- Build spatial awareness and upper body strength to support their weight upside-down by practicing cartwheels and preparations for handstands.
- Jumping and landing safely using a variety of takeoff and landing patterns.
- Develop eye-hand coordination through object manipulation activities.
- Develop flexibility, coordination, balance, agility and muscular strength.
- Apply rules, procedures and safe practices in activity.
- Work cooperatively and productively with self, partner or group.
Days, Times and Fees
Classes meet once a week. See the course catalog or registration application for specific times and fees.
Escorting K – Grade 3
Parents enrolling K – grade 3 students should review the information about escorting.